October 31, 2012

Maxie B's News Insider: Featuring Elizabeth Volinski, the first decorator that joined our team!



It has been a quest of mine for quite some time to create a blog featuring our decorators, so that Greensboro can meet our fine decorators and know them a little bit better. I toyed with this idea for quite some time and when Shannon and I brainstormed further, we decided we wanted to feature all our wonderful team that makes us who we are. Maxie B's is what it is today because of the amazing team we have that works together day in and day out to strive to make a difference. The next few blog features will convey all of our  staff and some random facts that we asked them. We hope you enjoy reading our next several blogs!

With this quest, I decided to start with Elizabeth Volinski, in lieu of her EIGHT year anniversary with us. She has been apart of our team since November 1, 2004! She has created some beautiful and artistic cakes for our customers... enjoy one of her recent masterpieces, but also learn more about her below!


One of Elizabeth's more recent masterpieces. This was done at an event we were apart of at the William Mangum Gallery, where we celebrated 35 years of wonderful art with William!



Elizabeth Volinski


Elizabeth and her daughter, Maddie!

1) If money were no object, what career path would you want to follow?

If I didn't have to worry about money, I would want to volunteer my time with kids at school or do crafts with older folks.

2) After a long day at work, what do you do to relax and unwind?

That really doesn't happen, so I guess spending time with my family on the weekend.

3) What is your favorite memory of being at Maxie B's?

The news spots that we have done have been fun and working with some pretty awesome people in the bakery. Also, just recently, two ladies came in with the 'Our State' magazine from 4 years ago and wanted to talk to me. It's nice when customers make you feel appreciated.

4) What is your least favorite chore to do around the house? And your favorite?

Least: cleaning the bathroom! Favorite: dishes and laundry

5) What is your favorite cake flavor from Maxie B's?

Brown Stone Front and Carrot

6) What do you remember most from your childhood?

Spending lots of time with my two sisters. Road trips, family vacations and my mom doing amazing things for us, including making our clothes!

7) If you were an ice cream, what flavor would you be?

Homemade peach

8) If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?

Gordon Ramsey

9) What is the one food you always have in your refrigerator?

Greek yogurt

10) What is your favorite color?

Green

11) Decaf or regular?

Regular

12) How did you end up at Maxie B's and how long have you been here?

I sent out resumes after going through the yellow pages, I saw a drawing of a cake on the Maxie B's ad and thought they must make some kind of cakes. I met Robin a few weeks later, then started working just on my day off. She hired me full-time. I have been at Maxie B's for 8 years.

13) What is your favorite season and what is your favorite way to celebrate it?

Spring, when everything is new. Planting flowers.

14) Dog or cat person?

Dog

15) What is your favorite song or artist?

'Landslide' is my favorite song. My favorite artist would be REM. 

16) What is your biggest accomplishment?



Having a happy and healthy 6 year old, but more personally that I have run two half-marathons.


Stay posted for the rest of our team!